The Production Studio, Inc: Kentucky Kingdom


Image 1 Lead Craftsman Notes: I was the project lead for the giant top hat above the entryway for the Penguin’s Blizzard River ride at Six Flags: Kentucky Kingdom. The profile of the hat was framed in wood around a metal mounting structure. After framing, I covered the shape in hardware cloth and had an insulation company coat it in a layer of AB foam. I finished the foam surface by sanding and coated it in architectural finishing agent for environmental durability. I broke the structure in three pieces and built in hoist points for the installation crane to lift from.



Image 2 Lead Craftsman Notes: I built this portal for the entrance to Kentucky Kingdom’s haunted house. The 20ft long passageway revolved around a trussed platform in a blacked out room. Florescent black lights were mounted below the platform to illuminate the UV paint spattered on the interior of the passageway. I stitched the duvatyne soft good that velcroed into the support ribs of the tube’s structure. The tube rode on casters mounted to a metal framework and was driven by a AC motor and direct drive tire.